20100308

«WHITE MOUNTAINS»

This past Saturday, four of us, as a double date, went to the White Mountains in New Hampshire. After the Hong Kong trip, getting out in the wild was exactly what we needed. No buildings, no walls, no neon lights, no advertisements and billboards, just simply nature itself: the sun, the snow, the mountains, the water, the trees, the birds, the rocks. Oh so so different.

Ben is a wildlife biologist, and Brooke is a classical violist. They're so much fun to hang out with. Look at Brooke dipping her entire face into the snow and creating an imprint. The snowman smiley-face on a fork is an art work fashioned by my handsome hubby's creative hands. ^^



We passed by a brook on one of our hikes. Look at how clear that water is. I wanted to touch it and play with the pebbles, but I refrained from doing so thinking that I might contaminate it in some way like how we human beings are destroying this planet we call home. Soon, there won't be anything like the White Mountains for us to enjoy. Everything will be exploited and ruined. It's true. I am usually very optimistic about life in general, but when it comes to this issue, call me a pessimist, but I think sooner or later, we're going to run out of natural resources, and the world might end sooner than we think by chemicals that we created, which will ultimately end up killing us. Have you seen the documentaries that are nominated for the Oscars this year? You really should. After that you can disagree with me if you want to.



So enjoy it while we can, for we don't know if our descendants will get to see it or not. I want to keep these pictures to show my grandchildren what nature is like. Who knows what kind of world they'll be living in when they come around...



Finally, a picture of the love birds. ^^

3 comments:

Helen of SJ said...

I love these photos! Thank you for sharing them. And I share your view about our environment. Here in HK, it's already difficult to find a spot of prestine ground or a pool you can dip your hand in. I do miss all that so very much. So enjoy it while you can and capture it for future generations--and those of us living already in a semi-future.

Unknown said...

Helen, thank you so much for saying that. I feel like we're heading for doom, but there's very little we can do. Recycle, that's probably it. But we can't stop mass production of anything. We want cleaner cars, so here came the hybrid, but those batteries in the hybrid cars are even more toxic than gasoline. So it's all a lie in the end. All a bunch of cover-ups to makes ourselves feel better when nothing really has been done right.

violabrooke said...

My dearest Dali, thank you so much for posting these! We are so blessed to have you two as friends.